Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fried Squash Blossoms

Today's post is for Ursula, who I see in the little things of my daily life, from Urs faces my kids make to the squash blossoms on the vine. Last time I went up to visit she had six million blossoms on her squash and we pondered fried squash blossoms. I googled it and we learned to tell the difference between the female and male blossoms so we could pick off the useless males and fry them. Heehee...sorry. Well today I noticed some blossoms on a volunteer plant that will never make it to maturity before it frosts so I decided to try out the fried blossom recipe. They came out very good, only I would fry them a bit longer. Next time I will try the stuffed recipe, yummy.  
http://www.seasonalchef.com/recipe0805b.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment