Thursday, May 27, 2010

Planting

Garden season is in full swing now. We've got lots of stuff planted including, corn, cukes, squashes, tomatoes, beets, radishes, lettuce, turnips, hubbards, and green beans. I think we will finish with some eggplants and a second garden of corn this week. The peas are loaded with flowers and even have pods on them. How I can hardly wait for that first juicy, red tomato! It's been hot here and we've had to water to keep the plants happy. The flowers are doing amazing this year and my little herb garden is coming along. I think it is time to head to Capital Market for some herb plants. I have been enjoying the clothes line Kevin built me for Mother's Day (yes that is what I asked for) and that and in other ways we have cut down on the electric bill significantly. I am really looking forward to canning this year and trying many new recipes. Just 8 more days until our vacation and then the summer here on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment