Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Summer Closes

Today we finally, finally closed on our house!! We are so thankful that we are done with this process. I think this is the first time they ever closed on a loan with 5 children present. They were very well behaved and Kevin and I were prepared as we asked to recieve copies of everything we would need to sign ahead of time for review. It went very smoothly. I feel as though we have settled everything we started this summer now. The last 2 days have been cooler here and Fall is settling in . We brush cut the garden. Yes, you read that correctly. We had to brush cut everything down before we can plow it as the weeds had taken over. Our last couple weeks consisted of salvaging any last veggies and digging up potatoes and the like. We cut down the corn stalks to make shocks for our decorations and we made a "field trip" to the large Farmer's Market in Charleston, as the one we are vendors at didn't have any mums. The yard is looking nice and we are preparing for Kevin's parents in from Connecticut on the weekend and a hosting a Harvest Party. I love Fall, I only dislike knowing that Winter is right behind it!

2 comments:

  1. Tara, I enjoy periodically checking out your blog. All looks great in your "neck of the woods"! I, too, am not excited about the approach of winter. As I "mature", I realize I am a warm weather gal. I love being out in the gardens and taking photos of all the animals and plants around here.
    Congrats to you and your family with the ownership of your home.
    :-) Linda Child
    PS I grew celery this year. I believe that it liked the cool, rainy season we mostly had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin and Tara, We had a wonderful time even though to short a visit. Next time I will take a Friday off and fly into Charleston. Loved the Harvest party and meeting all of your southern friends. Thanks for a wonderful time once again. Oh yes and the next time we come we'll have our own room so we won't have to kick you out of your bed. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete