Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of "School"

This is our first official day of "school". Although our learning experiences are year 'round, today we started our more structured school days. Josiah is in 2nd grade and the girls are in Kindergarten. I can hardly believe all my children are school age! A little sad in some ways, but in other ways exciting because of the things we are able to do now without having some too small to participate. We are looking forward to an exciting year. One of our favorite things about homeschooling is reading together. We are finishing up Farmer Boy now, and I have been prereading Swiss Family Robinson and taking notes of the many projects I would like to do to go along with it. I think it's going to make an awesome theme unit, I can't wait to see how they like the book and what projects they think of to do. This is one of the best parts of homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment