Friday, April 3, 2009

What a Week!

Well this week was an extremely busy one! Josiah had his standardized testing 2 days this week at CCCA (our church's school). Teeball practice on Thursday, Wool to Yarn demo at the school, and tonight we have a birthday party. We also finished painting the kitchen ceiling, worked on the fence, worked on the house painting and planted some of the garden. We are trying to clean up the house a bit for our upcoming guests (Grammy and Grampa and Tyler) as well. I promised someone I would post these monogram shirts I made for the party gifts, so here they are.

I printed the letters in the size and font I wanted onto regular printer paper and cut them out. I ironed fusible web to the WRONG side of a square of fabric large enough for the letter to fit on. Then I traced the letter backwards onto the paper backing of the fusible web and cut it out. Then peel the paper backing off the letter and place onto the tee shirt where you like it. Iron it on and you are finished! I made the little matching barrette by fusing together 2 pieces of matching fabric and cutting out the shape I liked, added a button with the glue gun and glued it to the barrette. My girls love their "letter shirts" and they make nice gifts.

1 comment: