Friday, April 17, 2009

Today was another fun filled day. First we took a hike up the mountain and the kids played in the pond, trying to catch salamanders. It was clear and sunny, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

After we came down the mountain the kids could hardly wait to get out their slime guns. Now lest you think I have lost my mind and actually bought my children slime guns let me assure you I did not. Let me also assure you Uncle Adam will get his. I will wait patiently for nieces and nephews.

Ready to Slime!




No I absolutely did not confiscate one child's slime gun in order to get another child for sliming me...I don't care what it looks like.

After we all cleaned up from the slime, we loaded up 2 goats and headed to the auction. Gail gets a big kick out of the cultural event an auction in West Virginia is.We dropped off the goats and went out to dinner until it was time for the auction to start. While we were at the auction, Mom called to tell us one of our other goats had just kidded, so back home we went. The new kid was a little early and very small. She seemed a little weak and her mother quite inexperienced. We dried her off and gave her some vitamins. We got her to nurse a little bit and Snowy Night offered to keep her warm.


Nice ending to a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment