Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions.........

This year I really want to catch up on my scrapbooking and print out all those pictures just sitting on my hard drive. And I really want to get the whole "homestead" cleaned out and organized. So those are my two major goals for the year 2009. I think for only being five days into the new year I am not doing too bad. I hauled out our bedroom, which for the past year and a half has been the catch all for everything we don't know what to do with. I sent 2 bags to the Goodwill and 2 more to the trash. It's such a relief to walk into a (mostly) organized room. It will still be a little crowded until my parents build their house and we all rearrange. I also put away all the Christmas decorations and dragged the tree out to the goats for a little winter treat. I pulled the old screen door off the front entryway and can't wait to replace it. For my birthday my parents gave me a beautiful white vinyl country style screen door, just needs to be picked up at Home Depot! Kevin also went up into the attic to see what the wiring looks like. We are hoping to get the new kitchen lighting and ceiling finished up this month. That will complete our kitchen remodeling. He also stregthened the attic floor (don't ask me for any technical terms for this project) so I could put my decorations up there instead of in the workshop.(which someday may be clean enough to actually use as one). I will definately post some of the before and after photos as we get some of these projects done. So I think we are off to a good start. If we can only keep up the momentum....

No comments:

Post a Comment