Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year!





Well, I fully intended to start my new blog on the first of the year, however a little winter weather extended our trip to CT, so we decided to postpone the drive back to the farm until the snow stopped and the roads were cleared. We had a nice Christmas visit with Kevin's family. The kids helped Grammy put up the skating pond (a family tradition) and we exchanged gifts and visited with friends and family. Uncle Adam, I WILL remember the slime guns when you have kids! We were able to see a lot of people in a short visit and it was the perfect ending to 2008. We spent time with the Child and the Garney Clans, made a quick visit to my Grandparents house (Shelly, the snack bags for the long ride back were a lifesaver and the kids loved them!), saw our friends Kieth, Andy and Jess and their precious baby, Craig and Rachael and their two little boys. One of the best moments for me though was the visit to Kevin's Aunt Chris and Uncle Rory's. As my kids played with all her neat toys she always has out and ready for them, it reminded me of when I was a little girl. We used to go to my dad's Aunt Gloriana's house, and I used to play with all her neat old toys she always had out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment