Sunday, January 18, 2009

Embroidered Pillowcases


The kids and I made these embroidered pillowcases for my mother in law's birthday. We used Wonder Under fusible web to iron on the fabric hearts that match the rag quilt I made her previously. Then the kids each signed their name on a piece of paper. I used the light table and a pencil to lightly transfer each childs name next to a heart and then backstitched over each one with embroidery floss. The kids loved this project and seeing their names becoming a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. the mother-in-law absolutely loves these pillow cases, that match the beautiful quilt that Tara made me, plus the small pillows to match with my grandchildrens fingerprints for flower petals. Oh and Kevin also helped with the quilt, always wonderful handmade and lovingly thought about gifts. The best kind!

    ReplyDelete